National Paddling Film FestivalFriday and Saturday, February 16th & 17th, 2018 Submit Your Film or Picture Below
NPFF Official Rules
THE NPFF PITCH VIDEO
Do you want the judges to pay extra attention to your film or image? Looking for a few extra-credit points when the competition gets fierce?
Using your phone, record a quick 30 sec – 1 min NPFF Pitch Video and post it onto Facebook. The Pitch Video must answer these questions.
- Why does your video or image rock? What’s the special sauce?
- Why is supporting American Whitewater, Paddle Sports, River Conservation and the NPFF important to you?
Be sure to tag National Paddling Film Festival and include a link to the NPFF Facebook page and website when you post your pitch video.
Here is FB page: https://www.facebook.com/National-Paddling-Film-Festival-200503817986
Here is the Website: http://npff.org
All entry fees have been waived! Please limit still images to 3 per person unless prior permission has been obtained for more entries. As usual, there is no guarantee that submitted material will be accepted into the competition.
Motion Image Rules
Media: Motion competition entries should be submitted as HD quality video files (720 or 1080 resolution) via a link for download or upon request, files may be uploaded directly to the NPFF cloud server. Online media preferred but physical media (DVDs / flash drives / memory cards) also accepted but not returned. If you submit your entry via an online link please use a web host that allows for downloads like Vimeo, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
2. AccomplishedAmateur 3. Professional
Awards: The motion entries compete in the following categories:
- Amateur: General Boating, Documentary
- Accomplished Amateur: General Boating, Documentary
- Professional: General Boating, Safety/Instructional, Documentary, CommercialEntrants are to select into which of the above categories their film is to be entered. To maintain a fair and level competition, The National Paddling Film Festival reserves the right to modify any films entry division and category as we see fit. Film trailers are not accepted.Judging Criteria – Awards are decided by the following criteria:
- Creativity: Originality of the ideas.
- Image Quality: Exposure and composition
- Editing and Pacing: How the presentation flows
- Content: Development of the idea
- Soundtrack: Use of music/sound/narrationDue to the limited number of competition slots all entries must be pre-judged for admission to the festival. Pre-judging is done by the NPFF volunteer film committee, and criteria willinclude balancing the overall content of the festival between divisions and categories. If any category has only one qualifying entry, the committee reserves the right to eliminate the category and have the entrant choose an alternate category for his or her submission. The NPFF will retain a copy of accepted entries for our archives. Film makers are asked to sign a release form allowing their video to be used for NPFF display and promotional purposes. There are optional releases for the entry to participate in the NPFF Road Shows.
Still Image Rules
Still Image Rules: Files may be submitted by email or on CD as .jpg or .tif, print quality (at
least 300 dpi) and less than 8MB. All entries must have been taken or created by submitting photographer or image artist. Limit submissions to three per person, unless prior permission has been obtained for more entries. There is no guarantee that submitted material will be accepted into the competition. The Top Ten images based on online voting will be featured and voted on at the Festival Friday and Saturday.
- Submit an entry form online at the NPFF web site
- Upload your image with the form or email your digital file entry to:website: http://www.npff.org on the Submit Entries tab email: NPFF.Image@bluegrasswildwater.
orgWinning images may be used in magazine articles, ads or other promotional pieces for the NPFF with full credit to the submitter. Please do not watermark your entries.